This is my online scrapbook: A place to keep thoughts and snippits handy. A reference to a bit of of this and that.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Gone Bananas - felt craft


Isn't it amazing what you can find online... there really is no end to how clever people can be.
After discovering a blog featuring felt food, it didn't take long to find some more for inspiration.
Next stop... craft shop. Supplies ready, my first effort will be a banana. My toddler's favourite food.
I have also found strawberries, apples (+this one)and actually, the full fruit salad. Cherries anyone? Citris slice? Here's a shortlist of free patterns.

There's even a grocery bag.
I'm seeing a great christmas gift idea here.

I think, for the most part, I'm going to wing it - using photos as inspiration and a guide, as well as the odd tutorial. If I get stuck, or really into it, I can buy some patterns from little crickets at etsy.

Maybe a playscape?
Other felt crafts...


I could go on and on, but I should really just get started.
Can't wait to see some results, but for now, we'll just take it one at a time, starting with the banana.

... Okay. It took two attempts. The first banana was a bit too stout, so it has become my new pincushion. Below is my second attempt. I used only three, rather than four, sections - which was how the tutorial explained it. And I used the sewing machine. Hand sewing was taking too long, it was sooo much quicker on the machine and I was relieved how easy felt is to sew.
Overall I'm happy with the result but I would tweak it a little if I have another go.

Gone bananas - my very first attempt at creating felt fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment