This is my online scrapbook: A place to keep thoughts and snippits handy. A reference to a bit of of this and that.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Art of Distraction

The rain has been pouring down for days, even weeks, so I've been wandering about online, looking for some ideas and tips for crafty projects. Mostly I've been shopping on ebay.

Tonight I am planning to do some sewing. For a long time I've been wanting to try sewing a new pair of pants for my toddler (recycled from an old t-shirt of mine). I have been checking out a few blogs lately, and I think the best tutorials for some simple toddler pants can be found here and here.
I've also bought 2 new pairs of yoga pants, which need taking up a bit. Curse of being a shortie.  

But so far, I've just been keeping myself distracted on the computer.

I call it research.

Then research lead to the idea that I need somewhere to save all these great ideas, and therefore I needed an online scrapbook.

Here it is.

I have created it for my own personal use, and if you find it helpful too, well that's a bonus.

I haven't quite got the hang of online publishing yet and hope to tidy up my design over the next few weeks. But not tonight, it's time to haul out the sewing machine and do something creative.

1 comment:

  1. I did manage to make some toddler pants from an old T-shirt. However, because I don't have any elastic,I can't finish them tonight. Which is a bit annoying. I'll be in town tomorrow, so will pick up some supplies and perhaps they will be all done tomorrow night. It's hard to make a commitment with 2 young children. Anyway, so far they are looking good. Mind you, if I knew how to use my sewing machine properly, I'm sure they could be even better. Nevermind, I'm learning.

    ReplyDelete